It is currently Nov 21st, '17, 00:52

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PM's
PostPosted: Jan 7th, '17, 14:52 
Admiral

Have thanks: 255 times
I have been sending and receiving a few PM's lately and I have found that at times there is no "reply" button on a PM. Is there a limit on how many replies you can do?

Also, I have three PM's sitting in my outbox, one of them for a year. I wonder if some people are unaware to look at the "new message" button at top left? Quite strange as I was replying to their PM so they would probably have been looking for a reply.

Finally, I am getting notifications for incoming PM's but not for some topics, even though I am listed as being subscribed. I sometimes get notifications for the TS for sale thread, but not always.

Post subject: Re: PM's
PostPosted: Jan 7th, '17, 21:40 
Able Skipper

Have thanks: 76 times
maybe pm the person that they have a pm?

jokes!!

PostPosted: Jan 10th, '17, 12:26 
Admiral

Have thanks: 487 times
Hi Peter. I have never seen a pm sent to me without a reply button so cannot answer that query. Jeff may be able to give more info. The messages that sit in the outbox, well, if they are not changed to sent in one month then I simply delete them. :lol:

Coops.

PostPosted: Jan 10th, '17, 18:12 
Admiral

Cooper wrote:
Hi Peter. I have never seen a pm sent to me without a reply button so cannot answer that query. Jeff may be able to give more info. The messages that sit in the outbox, well, if they are not changed to sent in one month then I simply delete them. :lol:

Coops.

I would thank you Coops but there is no button for that on this thread either!

PostPosted: Jan 10th, '17, 20:09 
Administrator

Have thanks: 396 times
Peter,
I have never seen a PM with out the reply button either. Had a look today and can't see any settings to turn on or off replies.

As to the "Thanks" button I personally hate them, so sometimes forget to turn on that function, AND sometimes when the software people do upgrades they leave them turned off too and that becomes a real pain so I go and spend half an hour or so turning them back on (HAS to be done for each individual topic, NO blanket On/Off switch) so get bored and go do other things

PS, My wife gave me a new T Shirt for chrissy. It says "I'm bringing GRUMPY Back!!"

PostPosted: Jan 11th, '17, 08:16 
Admiral

MoodyBlue wrote:
Peter,
I have never seen a PM with out the reply button either. Had a look today and can't see any settings to turn on or off replies.

As to the "Thanks" button I personally hate them, so sometimes forget to turn on that function, AND sometimes when the software people do upgrades they leave them turned off too and that becomes a real pain so I go and spend half an hour or so turning them back on (HAS to be done for each individual topic, NO blanket On/Off switch) so get bored and go do other things

PS, My wife gave me a new T Shirt for chrissy. It says "I'm bringing GRUMPY Back!!"

G'day Jeff, it was the first and only PM I ever saw without a reply button although I might have had a brandy that night. :oops:

Not having a go at you as it clearly involves a lot of work keeping things running and we are all appreciative of that.

My main aim was to alert a few folk to look at the "new messages" button at top of screen occasionally as the notifications of incoming PM's seems unreliable at times.