Put together a video of our Whitsunday trip

This is for any general chat and information. Posts on specific topics covered in other forums will be moved to keep all forums active and relevant. No political posts will be tolerated, and if you have had your fill of TSP then a political post is an easy way out the door"
luke.sleeman
Lakes & Bays Skipper

Put together a video of our Whitsunday trip

Post by luke.sleeman » Feb 24th, '18, 20:46

I put together a video of our trip to the Whitsundays which I thought you might all enjoy

https://youtu.be/w-GjJnOa-48

Looking back on it all, it really was the trip of a lifetime! We all had an incredible time - so many amazing memories and fantastic places we visited. Despite the fact the car got destroyed on the way back I don't regret making the trip at all.

Also, if you want the complete story I finally finished writing up my trip report over in the trailiabe trip report forum. I think it landed up turning into a small novel :lol:

BosunBob
Able Skipper

Re: Put together a video of our Whitsunday trip

Post by BosunBob » Feb 24th, '18, 21:02

Great way to preserve the memories. Thanks for the effort.

-Bob
Sonata7/LC/NSW

mdedman
Inshore Skipper

Post by mdedman » Feb 26th, '18, 19:59

Well done Luke! The video left me with a big smile on my face, I love seeing young families having such a great time in such beautiful surroundings. Its what makes trailer sailing so great and what makes the trials and tribulations of getting there fade into the background. Thanks for sharing the experience. :)
Deep Blue Dreaming.
A sailors reach must exceed their grasp or what is a heaven for? Live love and follow your dreams.

SimonP
Inshore Skipper

Post by SimonP » Mar 4th, '18, 22:40

An utterly inspirational video - great camera work, a beautiful happy family, lovely scenery both above and below the water, and ... an RL24 to boot!
Thanks Luke, I really enjoyed that
Hours spent sailing are not counted in man's allotted time on earth.
The gods understand that time on the water is time spent in heaven.
Anon

Hartley TS16 #828 Grimalkin
Hartley TS16 #291 YOT
RL24 Mark I #41 Ariel
Melbourne, Victoria

luke.sleeman
Lakes & Bays Skipper

Post by luke.sleeman » Mar 5th, '18, 22:34

Oh, thanks I'm glad you enjoyed it! All the video was actually shot on my smartphone - I just kept recording short 15 ~ 20 sec videos. Getting the underwater footage was hard - I had this sort of plastic ziplock bag phone protector thing, but it didn't work very well.

I hope it can inspire more people to make the trip to the whitsundays - it was such an amazing location!

Return to “General”