Werribee River Cruise

Get Togethers, and interesting (for this category) topics.
mob
Able Skipper

Werribee River Cruise

Post by mob » Sep 12th, '14, 19:31

Notice of Cruise

All owners and skippers of trailer yachts are invited to join the Hartley TS18-21 YC on a Cruise to the Werribee River. We will be launching at St Kilda Marina on Saturday the 11th of October and overnighting in the Werribee River (if the weather is unsuitable we will rerun the cruise on the following weekend or even the one after that).
The River is located approximately 16 nautical miles South-West of St Kilda and is navigable for about 3 miles further upstream.
The River entrance is to Port of a distinctive water tower and should be approached on a heading of 309deg from Tide Gauge Pile (Fl Y 5s).
There are two leading beacons, the front one on the jetty and the rear one on the Northern bank, that will keep you on the correct path.
We will hopefully be mooring opposite the Golf Course, however that will depend upon the time of our arrival at the river entrance. We must be settled in before dark.
Be on the water by 10am and REMEMBER : AS SKIPPER YOU ARE RESPONSABLE FOR THE SAFETY OF YOUR VESSEL AND ALL ABOARD HER – IF IN DOUBT DON'T GO OUT!!!For more information PM me.

pete h
CompetentCrew

Re: Werribee River Cruise

Post by pete h » Sep 12th, '14, 20:39

Hi Mob,

Sounds good, have just pencilled it into my diary. (I am an 18/21 member even though I am no longer a Hartley owner.)

Cheers,
Pete H
Ararat, Vic
ComPac Legacy 17 - "Muggler"

PaulS
Able Skipper

Post by PaulS » Oct 6th, '14, 13:00

We will be going on the cruise who else on the forum wants to attend?

Wind is currently forecast for a nice 10 knots.................. :thumbup:

PaulS
BETTER DROWNED THAN DUFFERS IF NOT DUFFERS WON'T DROWN
South Gippsland Victoria

pete h
CompetentCrew

Post by pete h » Oct 8th, '14, 11:38

Sorry, I wanted to attend this event but now need to be home to play nurse to one of our cats, hope you all have a great cruise.

Best wishes,
Pete H
Ararat, Vic
ComPac Legacy 17 - "Muggler"

mob
Able Skipper

Post by mob » Sep 14th, '15, 16:05

Hi All, this event is on again. October 3rd and 4th, or the following weekend if necessary. Apart from the dates, all relevant information is contained in the first post of this thread. We look forward to your company.

Return to “Just Cruising”