Can I borrow your boat?? (gippsland)

Get Togethers, and interesting (for this category) topics.
ricdanger
Lakes & Bays Skipper

Post by ricdanger » Jan 23rd, '12, 08:46

Hi all,

I realize this is a cheeky and somewhat long shot but I would like to "borrow" a boat for a few days on the Gippsland Lakes.

My wife has just returned from two days on the bay with Yachmaster and is now super keen to sail.

I don't like the idea of sailing a charter keeler (catalina 28) around the lakes, many of the places (eg backed up to a beach) would not be accessible and after two or three weekends I could have bought a TS!

We currently have a beaut little mirror but I would've like to introduce my wife to the joys of cruising, overnights and pottering about in a good sized boat.

I am an accomplished sailor (sailing since 8yo, competing at national level and currently sailing a 34"er out of Sandringham.

I am not proposing a "commercial" arrangement, however, if I borrow your boat, expect to see that something you've been putting off buying sitting in a box ready to be installed, if you get my drift.

Timing is open, as is the choice of boat. However we will be buying a Ts (s7, f7500, aloora, noelex) in the next 6-12 mths so something along those lines would be ideal.

If you're interest please PM me. If you have any thoughts (good/bad) about this idea please feel free to post on the thread for all to see.

Regards
Ric

Ric
1964 Mirror
Melbourne
Ric

Botterill Explorer 16 #10 - Captain Phasma

oldsailor
CompetentCrew

Re: Can I borrow your boat?? (gippsland)

Post by oldsailor » Jul 1st, '12, 12:21

So Ric, how's the search going ?? Are you any closer to getting on the water ??
Wazza

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, beats bummin' around in boats

ricdanger
Lakes & Bays Skipper

Post by ricdanger » Jul 1st, '12, 19:42

Hey old sailor, yes we have had a lot of fun looking. Have found a delightful TS with all the fruit (solar, fridge, good nick etc) and have made an acceptable offer. Will post up pics and details soon. Then will come the incessant questions :-)

Ric
1964 Mirror
Melbourne
Ric

Botterill Explorer 16 #10 - Captain Phasma

Return to “Just Cruising”