TSP meeting

Home for all version of Trailer Sailing NOR's
Jaime
Inshore Skipper

TSP meeting

Post by Jaime » May 28th, '18, 19:18

Are there any TSP meet ups or friendly regattas? If so when, where and how far?
Boomerang 20 DK #??
Currently Slainte, soon to be....

zebedee
Admiral

Re: TSP meeting

Post by zebedee » Jun 8th, '18, 00:43

This seems to have gone unanswered...
In Victoria a lot of us meet informally at Paynesville particularly at xmas/new year and at easter.
Each december Ray on the bay organises an evening mast down cruise to see the xmas lights in Patterson Lakes. I think it is nominally an Ultimate Association event but I don't think there's ever been an Ultimate majority.
Various other Victorian clubs/organisations such as BTYC, GTYC, MTYC are well represented here and their events tend to get posted here.
We've had winter (non-sailing) meetups occasionally; they need a fair bit of lead time to get good numbers. About now would be a good time to suggest a winter event.

None of which helps you in Queensland...
The Queensland weekend plans thread was pretty active for a long time, but stalled in jan 2017. Perhaps post something there and see if you can raz them up again?
http://www.trailersailerplace.com.au/ph ... 25#p169889
A man's boat is his Castle. The Gippsland Lakes are my moat. Castle 650 #10, Roller Coaster.

rseydler
Able Skipper

Post by rseydler » Jun 8th, '18, 12:22

I suggest you check out the "Trailer Sailer Club of QLD" on facebook.

INMA
Admiral

Post by INMA » Jun 8th, '18, 16:34

The last TSP Melbourne get together was at a Vietnamese restaurant in Springvale. From Memory 4 people turned up and we told lots of lies (stories).

Before that we met at a pub near Chelsea and had about !5 people turn up (lots of lies again) That was on Parma night where anyone with $19.95 enjoyed a parma of their choice or if that did not suit there was a menu and a willing kitchen.

We also went slot car racing in Dandenong, its all fun till everyone crashed.

So if anyone thinks of a place to meet in Melbourne or some mindless entertainment we should try, please offer it up here. Its winter and the TV sucks.
RL24 Mk4 cruiser Mariner 5 2 stroke

A bad day in the Whitsundays is better than a good day at work. Unless you work in the Whitsundays.

zebedee
Admiral

Post by zebedee » Jun 9th, '18, 00:54

INMA wrote:The last TSP Melbourne get together was at a Vietnamese restaurant in Springvale. From Memory 4 people turned up and we told lots of lies (stories).
Greg, Jim, Mal and I...
Before that we met at a pub near Chelsea and had about 15 people turn up (lots of lies again) That was on Parma night where anyone with $19.95 enjoyed a parma of their choice or if that did not suit there was a menu and a willing kitchen.
That was the Bonbeach hotel, $14.90 parma night Wednesdays.
We also went slot car racing in Dandenong, its all fun till everyone crashed.
Mr Slotcar of Lonsdale Street Dandenong have moved to Hallam.
So if anyone thinks of a place to meet in Melbourne or some mindless entertainment we should try, please offer it up here. Its winter and the TV sucks.
I confess, I'm food-driven.
I suspect mainstream, like the parmas, is likely to be more universally attractive that Cambodian at Springvale.

Does anyone have any ideas closer to the city, ideally somewhere with reasonable parking, suitable for an affordable mid-week evening dinner?
A man's boat is his Castle. The Gippsland Lakes are my moat. Castle 650 #10, Roller Coaster.

zebedee
Admiral

Post by zebedee » Jul 11th, '18, 21:03

Reminder for this Friday:
MTYC July 2018.gif

Return to “NOR - Regatta's, Passage Races & EVENTS etc”