Farr 7500 Sold

All info added is on a "VOLUNTEER" basis, so no responsibility will be taken for accuracy or lack of completeness by TSP.
colect149
Yachtmaster

Farr 7500 Sold

Post by colect149 » Mar 6th, '18, 17:20

The Farr 7500 yachts have an enviable reputation. We have used this boat for cruising for the last five years and it is well set up.
Like nearly all yachts 25 foot and over the yacht/trailer combination weighs either very close or slightly over the 2 Tonne limit for two wheel override brakes. In Late 2017 the trailer had Hydrastar Electric Over Hydraulic Breakaway four wheel disc brakes professionally installed by Trailer Repair Centre Braeside. Rotors, Calipers, the Load Sharing Springs and Wheel Bearings were also replaced for a total cost almost $5000.00. There is a Low/ High gear Winch fitted and an electric Powerwinch included.
There are two mains (one reduced size ) with zip up Boom bag and Lazy Jacks, Spinnaker, small Jenniker, two jibs (one almost new), and a genoa. There is a Downhaul for the Headsail.
Ground tackle includes Cooper Anchor with stainless steel chain and a Stainless steel stern anchor.
We purchased the Honda 8HP four stroke motor with charging coil in 2012. There is a an illuminated Compass, a depth sounder and speed log. 60Watt solar panel, a Magma marine BBQ and an Origo metho Cabin Heater.
Interior is in good condition with LED lighting. Clock, Barometer and temp/Humidity instruments. All cushions are in good order. Full width Pushpit with ladder/gate. 2015 Lowrance VHF radio. Two burner Origo metho stove. Unique BiFold door to enclosed toilet (Porta Potti)/ vee berth and wardrobe.
Pop Top Cover, boom tent, boom awning and Cockpit Cushions.
I fitted a stainless steel port in the keel case to enable the keel cable to be serviced / replaced on the trailer or when beached. Keel was removed, sandblasted and coated with epoxy five years ago.
Lifelines replaced 2015.
Self braking winch kit for mast raising and lowering.
Lots of odds and ends that will be useful to the new owner.
Asking price is $22,00.00 negotiable.
Advertisement is now on Gumtree with more photos
Attachments
Afarrcabin.jpg
Afarrcabin.jpg (41.83 KiB) Viewed 1591 times
afarryacht.jpg
afarryacht.jpg (66.99 KiB) Viewed 1591 times
Last edited by colect149 on Sep 19th, '18, 08:51, edited 6 times in total.
Farr 5000 (Frodo).Tow hack Kia Sportage 2l FWD, Avan Camper, 1967 MGB roadster, 1932 Austin 7 Sports.

Sue H
Lakes & Bays Skipper

Re: Farr 7500 for sale

Post by Sue H » Mar 6th, '18, 19:09

Hi Mal, we understand that this is not an easy decision for you but can understand the reasons why. We will miss the odd time we caught up around the lakes and hope that your lovely boat finds some wonderful new owners who will love and care for her.
Kind Regards,
Sue n Crew,

zebedee
Admiral

Post by zebedee » Mar 7th, '18, 00:32

Sue H wrote:Hi Mal, we understand that this is not an easy decision for you but can understand the reasons why. We will miss the odd time we caught up around the lakes ...
I caught up with Mal (in his caravan) at Paynesville on Monday and suggested he keep a life jacket in the caravan; I'm sure he'll have little trouble finding the occasional OtherPeoplesBoat to hitch a ride on when he feels the need for a sail.
A man's boat is his Castle. The Gippsland Lakes are my moat. Castle 650 #10, Roller Coaster.

colect149
Yachtmaster

Post by colect149 » Jul 9th, '18, 16:46

My Farr 7500 is still for sale. It has been on the market in Paynesville, but no interest down there. In fact according to the brokers, this has been one of the worst Winters for boat sales in general. So it makes sense to bring her back to Melbourne where I can look after such things a condensation etc. I have not been down there since Labour Day so I imagine the moisture absorbers have long since been used up. Peter at Dockside has kindly offered to lave it on his site, but I will place a new ad in either or both Boatpoint or Yachthub. Maybe Gumtree, but last time I had a real good offer from Texas USA!
Farr 5000 (Frodo).Tow hack Kia Sportage 2l FWD, Avan Camper, 1967 MGB roadster, 1932 Austin 7 Sports.

mywinsome
Lakes & Bays Skipper

Post by mywinsome » Jul 11th, '18, 10:39

Hi Mal. I have found Boat Point to have the best outcomes and service.
Regards.
Peter.

colect149
Yachtmaster

Post by colect149 » Jul 12th, '18, 10:39

Thanks Peter, not sure if I will put it on line just yet, I am thinking of waiting till early September, then it will show up as "Just Listed" when hopefully boating interest is ramping up for the season. Anyway, the boat is back in Melbourne now. Barbara and I used to sail Winter and Summer so I know how the activity used to be, but on Tuesday and Wednesday the car park was empty save for a couple of power boat trailers and one yacht trailer with an extendable draw bar. Tuesday night the cafe opposite the Ferry was open and doing good business, but the Pub was virtually empty and everything else was shut.

mywinsome
Lakes & Bays Skipper

Post by mywinsome » Jul 12th, '18, 11:52

Hi Mal. Yes we have found September onwards a good time.

bachus
Yachtmaster

Post by bachus » Jul 12th, '18, 20:43

Gumtree is the only selling site showing advertising activity at present. Peter has all the work at present. I scan yachthub, Boatsales and eBay but very little activity at present. Note that boat sales is the same as boat point to all intent and purposes.
Jim
Castle 650 #96. Mystic.
Tow hack: Ford Territory TX SZ MkII Auto AWD

INMA
Admiral

Post by INMA » Aug 31st, '18, 16:04

bump
RL24 Mk4 cruiser Mariner 5 2 stroke

A bad day in the Whitsundays is better than a good day at work. Unless you work in the Whitsundays.

Peter Yates
Admiral

Post by Peter Yates » Aug 31st, '18, 17:56

The take-away opposite the ferry always seems to do good business. When we are in residence on the island, they will get an order ready for the arrival time of the nominated ferry and islanders can run off the ferry as it unloads and loads and get back aboard with our food before it heads back to the island. I think quite a few islanders do that, even in the off-season.

On one occasion I lost my bearings and ran into the wine bar instead!

Also the Fickle Fig coffee shop around the corner is nearly always open and does great coffee.
Peter Y

Investigator 563 "Tricksy"
"Myf" the skiff

Wanton
Yachtmaster

Post by Wanton » Sep 9th, '18, 11:28

Peter Yates wrote:
On one occasion I lost my bearings and ran into the wine bar .

Maybe you just forgot to order the wine Peter, or was it a sign of the times. (:-))

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Ed
Wanton C22/110
All I wanna do is sail
http://www.baysidetrailableyachtclub.com
Photo shows Wanton at Nara Inlet, Whitsundays, Qld.

mywinsome
Lakes & Bays Skipper

Re: Farr 7500 deposit taken

Post by mywinsome » Sep 18th, '18, 21:08

The bloke how runs the wine bar can be a bit strange. We went in a couple of years ago. Tried to buy a wine and pay late entry fee as directed by men on the door. Next thing the owner grabs me around the neck and throws a very light punch. Lets go. Takes my money and pours us a drink. Very strange. Unlikely We will go back there.

Shame. The music was good. You probably have to be a local.

Peter Yates
Admiral

Post by Peter Yates » Sep 18th, '18, 22:05

mywinsome wrote:The bloke how runs the wine bar can be a bit strange. We went in a couple of years ago. Tried to buy a wine and pay late entry fee as directed by men on the door. Next thing the owner grabs me around the neck and throws a very light punch. Lets go. Takes my money and pours us a drink. Very strange. Unlikely We will go back there.

Probably an islander. You have to be careful of us islanders. :twisted:
Peter Y

Investigator 563 "Tricksy"
"Myf" the skiff

pdandy
Yachtmaster

Post by pdandy » Sep 19th, '18, 20:20

mywinsome wrote:The bloke how runs the wine bar can be a bit strange. We went in a couple of years ago. Tried to buy a wine and pay late entry fee as directed by men on the door. Next thing the owner grabs me around the neck and throws a very light punch. Lets go. Takes my money and pours us a drink. Very strange. Unlikely We will go back there.

It's Pains vile , what did you expect- a firm hanshake ?
noelex 25 green velvet

Return to “For Sale, or Swap, Barter etc”