BOATWORKS,SEAFORD,VICTORIA

This is the place for the great boat tradesmen you've found
Noelex
CompetentCrew

BOATWORKS,SEAFORD,VICTORIA

Post by Noelex » Dec 11th, '06, 16:05

PETER WELCH OF BOATWORKS.

ALL FACETS OF MARINE REPAIR.INSURANCE JOBS,AGENT FOR NORTH SAILS,ETC..

SPRAY PAINTING,MAKING MOULDS,FIBERGLASSING,BUILDING NEW MASTS,RIGGING ETC...ACTUALLY ANYTHING YOU NEED DOING THIS GUY CAN DO IT.MOBILE SERVICE ALSO.

SEEN HIS WORK UP CLOSE MANY TIMES AND VERY IMPRESSED.BEST OF ALL HE KNOWS HIS TRAILER SAILERS AND MAINLY CATERS FOR THEM.MANY SPARE PARTS FOR NOELEXS,SONATAS,MAGNUMS......

BOATWORKS
16 HI-TECH PLACE,SEAFORD

(03) 9776 8050
Last edited by Noelex on Jul 4th, '16, 10:35, edited 1 time in total.
REGARDS,
BRENDAN MATTHEWS
[dropshadow=]SEAWAY 25 (EX TEMPTRESS)[/dropshadow]

MargGannet
Yachtmaster

Post by MargGannet » May 25th, '10, 21:02

Can only endorse the quality of work Peter does... Boat looks fantastic.

Peter knows his trailer sailers as Brendan said. Has bits for many and knows how they work. Can make bits if required.
Marg
Special Edition NX 25,
LC 80 series
Bayswater North, Vic

huwp
Able Skipper

Re: BOATWORKS,SEAFORD,VICTORIA

Post by huwp » Aug 30th, '11, 12:39

Does he have an email address ?
Huw
Melbourne

Noelex
CompetentCrew

Post by Noelex » Aug 30th, '11, 17:57

cant find one on hand but give him a call on 9776 8050 or 0414 388 066..cheers
REGARDS,
BRENDAN MATTHEWS
[dropshadow=]SEAWAY 25 (EX TEMPTRESS)[/dropshadow]

huwp
Able Skipper

Post by huwp » Aug 31st, '11, 18:06

Thanks guys, in fact so efficient that the boat will be with him tomorrow. Then after that it will have a new smooth bottom and fresh antifoul
Huw
Melbourne

jurgs
Midshipman

Post by jurgs » Jan 19th, '13, 09:16

We have contracted Boatworks in the past on several occasions, and have been more than satisfied. If your after something small or large Peter is the Man! He never found it too difficult to answer the phone for small tips and advice. We first found Peter as a contact through the SYAV, and since has been our base for all boat repair conumdrums. Just a couple of items Peter has helped with; swing keel hull damage, repair deckside collision damage, corrected the mast rake, panel beated the toerail like new, etc etc. We have had a great relationship with Boatworks and will continue to do so.
Happy sailing

zebedee
Admiral

Post by zebedee » Apr 19th, '13, 16:51

I've just been to see Peter to discuss an issue I had with Roller Coaster. We spent about half an hour talking about the boat and the eventual result was basically "that's straightforward to deal with, you can do it yourself, and here's how to go about doing it".

The contrast with the guy I have used in the past was amazing and I'll be trekking down to Seaford for fibreglass work in future.

Graham

I went back today, two months later, when it looked like the problem was bigger than we thought. I was, to put it mildly, rather worried, and Peter couldn't have been more helpful.

See my summary here.

Highly recommended for customer service and helpful attitude, and for the quality of work I've seen in his factory on two visits.

Graham
June 17 2013.
A man's boat is his Castle. The Gippsland Lakes are my moat. Castle 650 #10, Roller Coaster.

nicholas
Midshipman

Post by nicholas » Jun 27th, '13, 15:13

I have a Red Jacket with a swing keel that I am very fond of and would like to hang on to for a while. I was interested in having it resprayed and cleaned up a bit. I contacted Peter at Boatworks and he suggested that it may cost up to 10k and that it was not worth it.
Any suggestions please?
Sharian III
Spray
Mirboo North

INMA
Admiral

Post by INMA » Jun 27th, '13, 16:18

Peter's advice sounds like common sense to me.

There are a lot of yachts out there for sale that are in the $10,000 price range that would give equal performance and safety and more comfort.

I have no idea whether you have skills to paint a yacht, given the low value of the Redjacket. Even then its a lot of manual work to paint a yacht reasonably well.
Nothing is free, abuse the environment and nature will make us pay the cost with interest.

Anyone ignoring the environment, is probably neglecting our children's future.

nicholas
Midshipman

Post by nicholas » Jul 1st, '13, 10:30

Thanks INMA. After giving it some thought I agree with him - harsh but fair. Could be a bit of fun searching for a new vessel!
Sharian III
Spray
Mirboo North

duncanhayward
Able Skipper

Post by duncanhayward » Jul 20th, '17, 09:48

Peter has done some great work for me on the NX this year- reshaping a rudder that was left down coming up the boat ramp, fixing a mast base, and some keel work (new wire, fairing). Very knowledgeable on TS and NX's.

More importantly he will go the extra mile to help out. Leaving Melbourne last week I was towing the boat solo and lost a wheel from the trailer when the left hand rear hub studs sheered off (a story for another time). Needed new hub to fit the brake setup I had. Gave Peter a ring to ask if he knew where I could quickly get one - he dropped what he was doing, drove to a supplier to collect a hub, and then drove the 120km up to drop them off to me so I could get on the road to CBR. Saving me from leaving the boat unattended by the side of the Hume and having to drive back in to collect myself. When he arrived he'd also stacked his car with extra parts in case I needed anything else to get going - including picking up an additional rim & LT tyre if my spare wasn't up to it, additional bearings, wheel nuts, washers, split pin, etc, etc as he wasn't sure what I had on me.

Of course we negotiated a fee for his time, the parts, and fuel which was very fair. I didn't need most of what he bought up - no problem - he'd just return it to the supplier! My point is how often do we find someone willing to go that extra mile to help out? Great service!
Duncan
Noelex 25 #952
Quo Vadis

DD58
CompetentCrew

Post by DD58 » Nov 14th, '18, 11:08

Just had our Noelex 25 down to Peter to take the slop out of the keel and replace standing rigging. Well worth the trip down from Newcastle. Peter knows his Noelex 25s. A great job, keel is as quiet as a mouse now.

regards
Dave
Noelex 25 #1025
Ice Dancer
Port Stephens

jurgs
Midshipman

Post by jurgs » Dec 9th, '18, 16:56

I can highly recommend Peter, he has sorted many things on my Northwind23

Return to “Recommended Tradesmen”